Sunday, February 24, 2008

Can't wait until April 10th...

Well if you didn't know already. I'm going on eight months in my pregnancy.I know what your thinking "I'm just another statistic" but I intend to prove all you stereotypical people wrong. Just because I'm having a baby at a very young age doesn't mean that I won't live a life of success and happiness. A lot of people think that once you have a baby at a young age that your life is officially over and that your never going to be able to become anything because the baby will hold you back. I'm going to show them that having a baby shouldn't be a hindrances on your future but a motivation. I feel now I have to strive even more to be a good role model for my baby and show him or her that you can do anything if you really put your mind to it and to never give up no matter what obstacles are in your way. I'm not going to just sit around and depend on my family and friends to help me get by in life,(like every other teenager who got pregnant) I'm going to get up and do it on my own. I know they will always be there but I want to try this mother thingy on my own. Life would probably be easier if my baby's father was here to help support me financially but I choose to keep him in the dark about the whole situation. I'm Very excited and scared at the same time. I know that I'll be able to do it because I practically raised my two nieces and two nephews. Its just that my doctors are telling me that I might have to have a c-section and my sister got one here in Samoa and shes was in so much pain afterwards and about two or three months later here cut got infected and opened up and she bled all over her bathroom floor. It was really gross. She wasn't able to push her son out because he was to big, he was 10 pounds 10 ounces. Yup, he was a big fat baby that's why she didn't have a natural birth. As for me, my doctors tell me that I might need to have a c-section because I'm only 18 years old and my pelvis or something is not fully developed, but after what happened to my sister I'm going to try my best to give birth naturally. My original plan was to go off island to give birth but I found out for sure that I was pregnant when I was about 6 months (because I'm big I couldn't tell..hehehe...sad but true..lol..) and by that time your not allowed to go on an airplane when your that far along. So yeah I guess I'm stuck. I wasn't able to find out the sex of my baby either because these lazy doctors down here don't know how to do anything. I went in for my ultrasound and waited in the waiting room for about four hours for them to call my name and when they finally did I went inside and they told me that something was blocking my baby butt so they couldn't see if it was a boy or girl. I was so pissed off. I really wanted to know so that I could go shopping for baby clothes,toys,and start decorating his or hers room. Since I don't know all of that is put on hold. If your wondering why I can't wait until April 10th it's because that's my due date..duh! This is a life changing experience that I hope I can handle. I know that probably means no more hanging out with my friends as much anymore and coming home right after classes, being responsible for another persons health and well being. That just sounds like a lot. I know I have my family and "dA oNeS" whom I know will always be there for me when I need help or just someone to talk to. Another good thing about having "dA OneS" is that I'll have a lot of babysitters to choose from when I finally want to have a break and go out.hehehe! I just can't wait to see what he or she looks like and how motherhood will be like.

1 comment:

tweety fatuesi said...

damn ceezie...this entry was so long that it could've been like the diary of a mad black woman or sumthing....lol. juss playin.anyways i aint gonna be baby sittin if i dont get paid...ya heared..lol. eh u kno im kidding. anyways love the entry. kinda seemed to wonder off there but it was still good.
***tweety***

"dA oNeS"

"dA oNeS"
My "ride or die, through thick and thin, showed me what true friends really were" crew.